Sunday, September 23, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie

This meal is so easy to throw together and uses ingredients most of us already keep on hand. It is also nice because it can easily be altered to taste, or by using up some leftovers. I don't have an exact recipe, but this is generally what I do:

Chicken Pot Pie:
Cooked chicken or turkey meat, cubed (I often use leftover meat from a previous meal)
1 can cream of chicken soup (can use homemade)
about 1/3 cup milk
1 16 oz bag frozen vegetables (I usually use a mix of peas/carrots/corn, but use whatever you have in the freezer, or what your family likes. You could also use fresh or canned veggies.)
seasonings to taste. salt, pepper, oregeno, ect.
pie crust (let's be honest, I head straight to the freezer aisle to get this, but you could also make your own)

Mix the chicken, soup, milk, veggies, and seasonings together in a large bowl. Pour into a 8 x 8 baking dish. Break a frozen  pie crust into pieces and place the pieces on top of the mixture until the top is pretty much covered. Then bake according to the pie crust directions. I think I do about 20-25 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Serve warm, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment